7. LASHES - Curling your eyelashes with a few coats of your fav mascara should do the trick, a less dramatic pair of falsies is a better alternative if you are still looking for more volume. A simple eye look will make you appear more awake and draw the attention to the dewiness and freshness of your glowing face. Sometimes less is more.
8. LIPBALM / GLOSS - Complete your look using a light shimmery lip gloss, just to be extra ofcourse! Using a lipbalm before applying the gloss will ensure moisturized and soft lips for hours. Blending a drop of liquid highlighter or a swipe of highlighter on the center of your lower lip will make your lips look bigger and add more shine. A tinted lipbalm would also be amazing for an extra dash of color.
Note: Faux Freckles are also an extra cheeky way complete this look. Watch Sian Lilly's dewy natural makeup tutorial below she absolutely slayed this look and is so stunning!!
Pro tip: if you have oily skin don't be afraid to moisturize your skin, keeping your skin hydrated will reduce it's need to produce as much oil because your skin is already moisturized!
I hope you found these 8 steps to dewy skin helpful and got you feelin like Kylie in the gif below!
As much as we love a sister snatched in full glam, nothing slays, like a dewy and rosey glow with a no makeup, makeup look. In the spirit of Christmas "you better watch out" for the crusty, dusty, dry skin that winter will bestow upon us. Okurrrr!
1. CLEANSE & MOISTURIZE - Keeping your face hydrated and clean will ensure that your makeup will sit on your face, instead of your pores absorbing it. Cleanse your face with a gentle cleanser, any exfoliants will dry your skin out even more by stripping your pores of natural oils. Tone your face and moisturize with a heavier cream moisturizer, gel & water-based moisturizers may be too lightweight for the weather.
2. PRIME & ILLUMINIZE - Prep your skin with a primer like the Milk Makeup luminous blur stick. Or if you really want to be 'glowing to the gods' blend a few drops of a liquid illuminizer on your skin, like the Josie Maran argan oil illuminizer, oils will be your best friend. Priming allows a smooth application of makeup that stays flawless throughout the day.
3. LIGHT COVERAGE - Resist the urge to cake on foundation! I know it's a struggle but I promise you the more natural you look, the more dewy your skin will look. If you plan on using your foundation of choice, use a moisture surge spray like the Mario Badescu rose water spray before applying your foundation for a fresher look. When concealing use a liquid concealer not a cream based concealer, go for minimal coverage.
4. PINK! PINK! PINK! - Dab a pea sized amount of a pink toned cream or liquid blush on the apples of your cheeks and blend. Powder based blushes in general, prohibit your skin from looking glowy and hydrated however cream based blushes are much softer and gentle on the skin.
5. BLINDING (NO FACE TUNE NEEDED HERE) - liquid or powder based, just pack as much highlighter on your cheekbones as you can! For a blinding highlight pack a powder highlighter over a cream based one for extra shimmer! Use a fan shaped brush to highlight and define the bridge of your nose, your brow bone, your cupids bow and the most prominent part of your chin. For a more natural look, use the highlighter shade closest to your skin tone.
6. BROWS NOT SO ON FLEEK? - As much as we love a carved out, sharp brow, completely filling them in defeats the purpose of the no-makeup, makeup look. Using a clear or tinted brow gel will look much more natural, if you are still looking for a more defined brow draw a few hairlike strokes in sparse areas and use a mascara instead of a brow gel. I would advise against carving them out with a concealer but do what makes you feel comfortable, confident and happy.